Alterations, additions to and restoration of a nineteenth century cottage. The house was on the local Council's heritage register and is subject to adverse environmental impact from the neighbouring apartment building and veterinary hospital. The house had been owned by the client's family since 1947. Typically with older residences like this the front formal rooms require restoration, and the rear demolition. The renovated house centres around the family and dining room, with a new rear wing shielding the site from unfavourable neighbours.